I have never been a big water drinker. Truth be told, for most of my adult life, water has been replaced with Diet Coke. I literally would go weeks with no actual water consumption. Well, that has changed. I quit the Diet Coke for about a month. I began drinking water. LOTS of water. So much water that it felt like my bladder was floating to my neck for several days. I am drinking Diet Coke again, but on a different level. I quit because I thought the aspartame as affecting me. What I am discovering is that the dehydration was affecting me. Before, when I was thirsty, I would always reach for a Diet coke. Now, I reach for water and have Diet Coke as a treat!So after all this, I wanted to know what exactly is the hype about water? Here is what I found:
1. Water suppresses the appetite …People who drink more are proven to feel hungry less often, as water makes a good appetite suppressant.
2. Water helps to reduce cholesterol …Water has a drastic impact on cholesterol, and will reduce the levels in your body. This should help you slim down much faster.
3. Water helps to tone muscles …If your muscles are dehydrated, you won’t see any toning, no matter how much exercise you do. Up your intake in water and you’ll see a difference fast.
4. Water is necessary for proper digestion …The digestive system requires so much fresh water a day to work, and if you are short of this, you will feel bloated and tired.
5. Water helps the liver to function …The liver metabolizes fat, which is very important when you are trying to lose weight. However, it requires a lot of water to do this successfully, and if it doesn’t have enough, it will just store the fat.
6. Water helps soothe digestive problems …If you are suffering from digestive troubles, try drinking a few glasses of water. This should help jump start your system again, as lack of water will cause the entire process to stop.
7. The right amount of water causes the body to stop retaining water …If you usually don’t drink enough, your body will have retained water to make up for it. This water retention can add pounds to your weight, and make you seem very bloated.
8. Water stops you confusing hunger and thirst …It can be very easy to think you are hungry when in fact you are very thirsty.
9. Water moisturises the skin and makes it more radiant and supple …All the super models are known to drink about 68 ounces of water per day to make sure their skin is hydrated and looks its best. With the weight loss your skin will go through a lot of changes too and it will desperately need a lot of liquid.
10. Water washes the toxins out of the body …Being in a good health is vital if you are trying to lose weight. And nothing does it better than drinking water. It washes out the toxins, making your body “cleaner” and healthier. Which is a very important condition under which your body will be able to restore its balance and get into shape.
Ok, off to grab my bottle of water now. Have a hydrating day!