Postcrossing!

I don't know why it's taken me so long to blog about postcrossing. It is just as much a part of my life as the air I breathe. Have you heard of it? Allow me to share it with you...

Postcrossing.com is a website that was created to allow people from all over the world to send and receive postcards.   "The goal of this project is to allow people to receive postcards from all over the world, for free. Well, almost free! The main idea is that: if you send a postcard, you will receive at least one back from a random Postcrosser from somewhere in the world." -postcrossing.com

Some people are attracted to this simply because they collect postcards, others because they collect stamps. Me, well I just think its awesome to interact with people from all over the world. I send a postcard and usually within a week I have one in return from some other country.

Why not give it a try? The only way someone gets your address is once their postcard is registered as received by the person on the other end. Totally safe! And you can even do what is called a direct swap. Say you are yearning for a postcard from say Ireland (as was my case) and you just can seem to get one from there. You can search for users in said country and narrow your search to those who are interested in direct swaps. Message the user, ask if they want to do a direct swap and you are on your way.

Its a pretty cool thing they have going on over there! You should check it out. =)

Below I have posted just a few of the many beautiful postcards I have received from all over. In a later blog I will try to add more. What a joy!

Ireland


Netherlands

Italy


Japan


Russia


No comments:

Post a Comment