SNOW DAY!


At the moment it is 23 degrees with a wind chill of 13. There are a couple of inches of snow on the ground and ice on the side roads. Schools have been cancelled again which made for a very long 4 day weekend. Thankfully we had a Christmas party to go to yesterday which gave us a good reason to get out! I’m fortunate that I have earned time to be paid for my missed days unlike some of my other parent friends. 

What do you do when your school is closed and your day care follows the school schedule? In a small town with maxed out day care programs there are not a lot of options. This has always been a stress factor for me because I constantly worry about job security. Being the only provider for my family you can surely understand that!

Today is going to be cleaning and getting ready for Christmas followed by cookie baking this evening for our “snack day” at the office tomorrow. I pray the weather subsides and that one is back on go in the morning.


Here are some pictures of the kiddos enjoying the snow!




No comments:

Post a Comment