This is a Cake Free Zone

Good  morning friends! Its been a few days since I have blogged, quite a few actually. A lot has been going on in my life that has kept me busy. Slowly but surely I am getting back on track.

So, lets talk weight, food and issues for a moment, rather, let me do some bragging and venting if you will.

First the bragging. For the most part, I have been doing well on my eating plan. What eating plan? Atkins. A modified version. I am using the My Fitness Pal calorie calculator and so I am eating under the calories I am supposed to, but with low carb foods only. Does that make sense? For me, the calculator allows 1750 calories a day max for my weight, height and lifestyle. So I stay under that number (that is the goal anyway) by eating 20 carbs or less a day and under 1750 calories a day. Its working for me because as you know protein keeps the body fuller for longer periods of time. I find that I don't snack as much as I normally would when I am on Atkins, so yay me.

Now for the vent. I had some issues this week with a family member bringing sweets. I know she means well, but there has to be some limits. This week she brought a cake over to celebrate my daughters 1st tooth loss. OK, the thought was nice, but I had just got done telling her not to bring it. Plus she knew I was on Atkins. Her way of thinking was "well, it wasn't for you"...OK that was not cool. I am extremely overweight and trying to get my self back in shape as well as helping my kids make better eating choices. Cake is my #1 temptation buster. So to validate herself by saying it wasn't for me just didn't sit right. My reply was 'would you bring alcohol to the house of a recovering alcoholic? No, you would not. Please respect me and please understand I have issues with sugar. Two days later she brought over candy bars. Seriously.  So last night we had a nice talk and I explained to her exactly where I am coming from and I think she gets it. I hope anyway. Needless to say, I tore into the damn cake and candy...I expect bad news on the scale, but I am back to good now. It's like when I am in my house doing my think I am in control. I even grocery shop with a list and don't splurge there either. Anyway, that is my vent.

Come the first of October I am signing up for my gym membership. I am REALLY looking forward to that!

3 comments:

  1. ARGH, you know how I feel about this. I really hate saboteurs like that. Not only do you not want the cake and other sweets around, your kids don't need it either. I know for a lot of people food = LOVE, I grew up that way, too. But, we need to find other ways to celebrate. For a first tooth, I say a "fancy" new spinbrush. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very frustrating. We were raised believing that celebrations=food, rewards=food and family gatherings =food. I think it was something passed down. Food was always comfort. Now here I sit with a serious weight problem and one of my kids has some extra weight as well and I am trying desperately to reverse things. I love your idea of the spinbrush! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and good for you for low-carbing AND cal counting. I think that will be an amazing combo for you and you will be very successful!!

    ReplyDelete