New Years Day 2012

Out with the old and in with the new! I was glad to see 2011 put to rest. A new year brings with it a certain freshness a starting over feeling. Some make resolutions while others choose to leave well enough alone. At any rate, we are in a new year and that is cause for celebration!

As I reflect on things of 2011, I find myself seeking out change. I am not making resolutions this year, rather I am  making changes in the way I handle my life. Food for example. I have realized that its really not about the food. I have realized why I eat the way I do and what emotions are behind it.  I am now able to stop that emotional eating by recognizing the behavior before it starts. It's truly almost as if I have had an "a-ha" moment.  And with that a-ha moment came a loss of 16 pounds and still going. :)

Saboteurs. They do in fact exist. There are people who honest to God do not want to see you succeed. They will do their best to tempt, discourage and try to bring you down. They make every effort to infect you with their misery. I see it..I get it..I'm over it. This is my life. I have a hold of the reigns. The negative people need take notice, I am stepping out.

Patience. Being a single parent is difficult. Being the sole parent even more so. I'm not looking nor do I need sympathy, it is what it is. I find myself yelling. A lot. I get frustrated having to "do it all" and I lose my patience. My kids didn't ask for a douche for a dad, but it's what was dealt them. So it's my place to step up and be both mom and dad. I struggle with patience, hard as I try I fail more often than not. But I vow to try even harder. My kids deserve it.

Exercise. I had signed up for and paid my dues for 2011. Without going into details it turned out to be something I chose not to do after seeing who I would have to deal with while there. I am not renewing my membership. However, I will be purchasing an elliptical next month. It will be parked in my living room, my very small living room, facing my television. I intend to spend many hours a week burning calories!

Those are the majority of changes I am making for myself this year. Some of which I already started working on in 2011. This is going to be a good year, I feel it.... Happy New Year friends...may you succeed in all you wish to achieve.

3 comments:

  1. Cheering, high-fiving, and laughing with you (esp at the douche for a dad comment, lmao). You can do all of this and will. Can't wait to hear about your elliptical. The ability to workout at home is big for me, as you know. While it would be nice to have more pieces of equipment or even a trainer....I bet I wouldn't go all that often.

    Yaaaay you! Bring on the new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B! Douche was actually the most polite word I could think of hahah. Yes, Im gonna be like Becky with my new toy, burn baby burn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're having a great weekend with the kids!!

    ReplyDelete