New Years Resolution: Be healthy, Be happy.

And this is precisely what I plan to do. Happiness is easy. I am happy. But healthy, well, that is another story. One that I have struggled with my entire life. I've tried all the diets, the pills, the shakes and more. What I have realized is that I need a way of eating that I can stick with, a new way of eating. For me, "diets" do not work. To me, diet means you are restricted, limited, suffering, etc. I would rather rid my life of the foods that have kept me overweight and trade them in for the foods that will make my body lean and strong. Enter Atkins.

In 2003 I began a journey into the low carb lifestyle. After about a year, I had 100 pounds off. I was feeling great and even learned that I was pregnant. But wait, the doctors said I could not have kids? My point, this way of eating, for me, worked. Fast forward 8 years and two kids later. All weight has come back, plus extra weight pushing me to an all time high. It's a hard pill to swallow, but the bottom line is I led my body to where it's at today and now I am prepared to lead it back to a healthy weight.  You see, it's not just about me anymore. I have two little ones who need there mama. They have no father. I am it. I must do this.

~Kimberly.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!! Love your background. Can't wait to check in on you here regularly. We can be cheerleaders for each other.
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete