You Change Yourself For Yourself...

Lately I had been having some battles with myself and my inner peace. I was finally able to release and let go. I now have that inner peace I have longed for. Ironically, one of my favorite pages, Positive Thoughts, posted this today. It describes all that I had been feeling and felt I needed to share this.

"All the years you have waited for them to "make it up to you" and all the energy you expended trying to make them change (or make them pay) kept the old wounds from healing and gave pain from the past free rein to shape and even damage your life.
And still they may not have changed.
Nothing you have done has made them change.
Indeed, they may never change. Inner peace is found by changing yourself, not the people who hurt you.
And you change yourself for yourself, for the joy, serenity, peace of mind, understanding, compassion, laughter, and bright future that you get."

1 comment:

  1. HUGS!!! I'm glad you were able to find this quote that puts your thoughts and feelings together so concisely. lots of love and hugs for you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete