Thank you 2019!

Good evening friends.

In just a couple of days we will be rolling in the year 2020. Folks are making their resolutions and predictions and ready to usher in the new year. While I am right there with them in my preparing for the new year and all the wonderful goals I plan to set, I must first stop and say THANK YOU to 2019.

This year has been full of firsts, rewards and blessings. My oldest started high school. My youngest finished his last year at city league sports.  I celebrated my 6th year with my employer and was blessed with another raise. 

2019 was also the year we celebrated my moms first birthday without her. The 1 year anniversary of her death came in September. I feel like I have never experienced a greater pain in my life then that of losing my mom. I pray that each passing year will offer my family and I more peace in knowing that she is with Jesus and that we will meet again with her one day.

Perhaps the biggest blessing this year was that I became a homeowner! As a single momma raising a teen and pre-teen, home-ownership seemed far away to me. So imagine my surprise when  the owners of this little home I had rented for 9 years offered to sell it to me. I feel completely blessed and overwhelmed with gladness.  I have some big plans for our home and goals to meet in 2020, but I will save that for another post.

Be thankful for what you have in this life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment