Getting It..

This has been one discombobulating week for me. For starters there was Halloween Monday..all the oodles and oodles of chocolate goodness. Now too mention pizza for dinner and a chocolate cake donut! ARGH!  Then the very next day was my little boys' birthday...cake & ice cream blah, blah, blah... Throw in 1 or 2 fast food trips and its been whack!

Interestingly though I did some things different. I had "1" piece of cake, a smallish piece. "2" pieces of pizza instead of half the damn pizza. Also, McDonalds.. NO FRIES. Hear me? NO FRIES, none, not even one. 1 miniature candy bar instead of 5 or 6....ya getting this?  Yes, I am GETTING IT...I am realizing I CAN enjoy things I like, but keeping in moderation..I am realizing the FRIES are a weakness of mine and I need to just not go there at all. But CAKE...oh sweet baby Jesus, me and cake have a love affair that goes back as long as I can remember. I ate 1 piece on his birthday and a piece yesterday. Today, I am waiting for my sister to get off work and come take the damn thing to her house. YAY!

Thing is I am not denying myself. I am not passing things by. I am not letting myself feel deprived for sake of weight loss.. Nope, I am getting it. And it feels good. OH and BTW, lost 1.2 pounds this week!!

2 comments:

  1. you're doing super, sister. So glad you're back on a plan that works for you and is getting healthy results. Keep moving and losing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support!!! You have been an amazing source of inspiration. :) ♥

    ReplyDelete