Has It Really Been Two Years?

Today I registered for Fall classes at my school. 2011/2012 school year will be my last before I transfer across the street to the university. I could have transferred sooner, but the classes are much cheaper at the community college level, so I am taking all my general classes here.

My major is sociology. My original plan was to major in education, but due to the current economy/jobs situation I did not want to limit myself to one specific occupation. I still would love to teach, but now I will have a degree that gives me a few more options.

Its hard to believe that in a couple months I will have 2 years behind me. While losing my job was initially devastating, it has really turned into a blessing. As they say, when one door closes, another one opens. So true.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Definitely cheaper going the community college route, that's for sure!!!

    Sorry I missed your posts. I never got updates on my reader, and then my links took me to your old blog. I think I'm straightened out now. :)
    TGIF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad it's all straightened out, I love reading your responses. ;)

    ReplyDelete