Yesterday..

was not a good day. For those who follow my blog, you know Saturday is weigh in day. Well, I gained 1 pound. I cheated a couple times, can't blame anyone but myself. I mean it was not big cheats, certainly not the kind of cheat that equates to a pound gain.

I find that when I get bummed out about weight loss on WW, my mind automatically spins to Atkins. I think "Well if I were on Atkins I probably would have lost 3-5 pounds." or "On Atkins I don't have to count anything,  I can eat all the steak I want."  But then, when I calm down, I realize that while yes, Atkins is some good eating, I cannot stick with low carb over my lifetime. In fact, I need a variety of things to be able to stay on track.  My weakness? My weakness is that I want to over eat. I want to pig out. I want to feel stuffed. Stuffed=satisfied in my distorted way of thinking. I look at myself in the mirror. Stuffed is why  I am the weight I am today,.

So enough moping and whining. I want to be healthy, I am not looking to be anorexic, just needing to feel good, to be in shape, to live long enough to see my kids grow up, Not really much to ask for I don't think.

This weeks goal..only consume my daily points. Goodbye weekly points, you are not helping!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, hon!! You know were in this together and this is the best way to live a healthy life for ourselves and set the BEST example of healthy eating for our kids. Here's to you making adjustments to your WW efforts to find what works for you. Good luck and looking forward to a loss for you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky! Yesterday was no bueno..I will not divulge where I went for dinner...but it was not the soup and grilled cheese as had intended. HOWEVER, I snapped out of it before I spun too far out of control. Just finished dinner now, soup and grilled cheese. I am definitely in a not so nice mindset but I am telling myself to hang in there. You have been an amazing friend and inspiration, thank you!

    ReplyDelete